Mark your calendar for the American Heart Association's National Walking Day - always the first Wednesday each April.
The new toolkit is available a couple of months prior to the day. If you sign up now you will receive the FREE, downloadable tool kit when it becomes available. It includes lots of fun materials and tips to easily promote National Walking Day in your workplace and make your special event a success.
National Walking Day
Get Up and Move
These days, adults like you are spending more time at work than ever before. An unfortunate side effect is that, as a nation, we're becoming more inactive. This is a problem when you consider the fact that physical inactivity doubles the risk of heart disease!
But take heart! It's a problem you can help fix by convincing your company to take part in the American Heart Association's National Walking Day.
On this day, employees are encouraged to wear sneakers to work and take at least 30 minutes out of their day to get up and walk. It's a great way to raise awareness of the importance of physical activity and to give your coworkers a friendly push toward a healthier life.
Get Others Involved
- Get the word out about your walk by first registering for our free, downloadable National Walking Day Toolkit.
- Invite coworkers to wear their sneakers to work
- Encourage employees to get in their 30 minutes of walking that day.
- Change one of your meetings to a walking meeting, and let your colleagues know why.
- Host a walk and/or rally to show your commitment to living longer, healthier lives.
- Join others across the country and be part of the solution to get America walking.
- Discover and share more information from the American Heart Association about why physical activity is so important.
- Rally your family, friends and neighbors to walk that day - and every day.
Visit heart.org/nationalwalkingday to learn more.